The Wolf Tooth CAMO Direct Mount Race Face Cinch Spider replaces your existing removable spider unlocking the potential to run Wolf Tooth's innovative integrated system for stellar performance, day in, day out.
Wolf Tooth developed the Chainline and Material Optimisation (CAMO) design so that you can replace your stock direct mount style chainrings with a spider and traditional chainring set up.
This spider used in conjunction with a Wolf Tooth chainring means that you can set up the perfect chainline for greater shifting precision, reduces the cost of future replacement chainrings and enables you to add a flash of colour to your ride.
*Please note that you will require a Wolf Tooth CAMO Chainring to complete this system
- Handmade in Minnesota, USA by Wolf Tooth
- Machined from 7075-T6 aluminium
- ED coated steel bolts included
- This is a spider for use with the Race Face Cinch system
- 3 different chainline options are available. The number and letter refer to the mm offset and direction from the mounting face to the centerline of the teeth:
- M8 (minus 8mm - dished towards the frame) is for standard 49mm chainline. This is for use on bikes with 135mm QR, 142mm thru axle, and some 148mm bikes.
- M5 (Boost - minus 5mm - dished towards the frame) is for 52mm chainline that boost bikes may need. This link explaining 148mm "Boost" spacing will help you decide if you need the M5 or M8.
- P2 (plus 2mm - dished outwards away from the frame) is for fat bikes that have 190/197 rear spacing but use a 100mm spindle. This is now very common on production fat bikes to keep the q-factor slimmer
- You will be able to access all bolts without removing the spider
- Line up the little dot on the ring with the dot on the spider. Don't worry, you cannot install the ring in the wrong rotational orientation.
- Be sure the bosses on the spider "plug in" to the chainring.
- Torque bolts only to 4-5 Nm and use blue Loctite thread locker
ABOUT Wolf Tooth
Designed, prototyped and tested to withstand the harshest Minnesota conditions, each Wolf Tooth product improves the ride experience with ingenious solutions to level the playing field in the ever-evolving world of cycling technology. Whether you want to go 1x, put a dish-sized cassette on your gravel bike or add a spash of colour to your trusty steed, Wolf Tooth has you covered, whatever you ride.Read more about Wolf Tooth.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of 3T, Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Intense, Moots Cycles, Peaty's, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Sportful, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.