The Wolf Tooth GC Cog and Wolfcage kit for Shimano 11-speed drivetrainsallow you to run wide-range 11-speed cassettes on your existing derailleur whilst also improving shifting quality and drivetrain longevity. Super simple to install and beautifully machined, this is perfect for gravel riders, tourers and MTB tweakers.
The modified inner derailleur cage comes with an eccentric upper jockey wheel and is perfectly primed to upgrade existing 11-speed Shimano rear derailleurs, unlocking the potential to run up to 11-49 cassettes. Pared with the Wolf Tooth GC 49 sprocket, you’ll be able to make it up even the most gnarly gradients with ease.
Because only the inner part of the cage needs to be changed, installation of the Wolf Tooth Derailleur Cage is super simple and can be completed in several minutes – no need to break the chain or remove your existing rear derailleur from your bike.
- The Wolfcage is compatible ONLY with the Shimano 11-speed rear derailleurs listed below. Be sure to select the right cage length.Here are the pulley centre to centre distances for each cage type so you can be sure to order the right one (GS is the “medium cage” and SGS is “long cage” length):
- XTR 9GS - 84mm (same cage as M8050 XT Di2).
- XT 8GS - 88mm
- XT 8SGS - 107mm
- XTR Di2 M9050 GS - Not supported
- XT Di2 M8050 GS - 84mm - use the XTR 9GS
- Compatible only with Shimano 11-speed 11-42 and 11-46 cassettes.
- Compatible with all 11-speed chains
- Note that you likely need a longer chain than you currently have your bike. Chain length is critical with the 49T and must be set according to the instructions on the GC tech page.
- Chain wear should be less than 0.5 when installing a new GC or chainring.
- Caution: always check full suspension travel with the chain on the GC 49. Bleed air from rear shock and fully compress the rear suspension to check. Derailleur cage must not bottom out in forward rotation.
- This is a kit including the Wolfcage, GC49 and 18t cog. Remove the 17t and 19t cogs and replace them with the 18t.
- These are specifically designed for use with Shimanocassettes. The clocking, or rotationalorientation, between SRAM and Shimano cassettesaremuch different so optimal shifting cannot be achieved unless the design is optimized for each separately.
ABOUT Wolf Tooth
Designed, prototyped and tested to withstand the harshest Minnesota conditions, each Wolf Tooth product improves the ride experience with ingenious solutions to level the playing field in the ever-evolving world of cycling technology. Whether you want to go 1x, put a dish-sized cassette on your gravel bike or add a spash of colour to your trusty steed, Wolf Tooth has you covered, whatever you ride.Read more about Wolf Tooth.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of 3T, Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Intense, Moots Cycles, Peaty's, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Sportful, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.