The Chris King R45D Rear Centerlock Disc Rear Hub offers maximal durability, ultra-smoothness and
Every single R45D hub is engineered, manufactured and assembled in-house at Chris King’s HQ in Portland, Oregon. Fully serviceable and with a five-year warranty, you can be confident that you’re investing in an elite performance product that has been built to last.
Chris King hubs are synonymous with silky-smoothness, unbeatable quality and of course that distinctive angry bee sound that resounds from the hub body. The R45D is a lightweight road hub premised on over 20 years of hub building experience and over 30 years of bearing development – closer to the zenith of performance potential than ever before.
Every R45D hub utilises an innovative 45-tooth RingDrive system for minimal drag and almost instant engagement, translating power from your legs directly into
The R45D is compatible with
The legendary steel bearings and heat-treated, surgical grade steel races employed in the R45D not only form a super-smooth integrated system but actually become faster as they burnish with use – wearing in, rather than wearing out. Because every R45D is fully serviceable, you can enjoy peak performance for years to come.
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- 5-year built-to-last warranty
- Patented RingDrive™ system with 45 simultaneously engaged points of contact for virtually drag free engagement
- Easily convertible axles 100mm x 9mm QR or 100mm x 12mm thru axle front options. 135mm x 10mm QR or 142mm x 12mm thru axle rear
- Easily serviceable and completely re-buildable with our R45 Hub Service Tool
- Ceramic bearings
- Available in Matte finish
- Matte Available in 24h, and 28h
- The lockring is sold separately (PHB355) and is required for rotor installation on the rear hub
ABOUT Chris King
Since being founded in 1976, Chris King has become one of the most esteemed names in cycling thanks to the extraordinary quality, durability and performance of its components. Every product in the Chris King range is designed without compromise to offer the ultimate upgrade while the brand's complete commitment to responsible sourcing of materials and environmentally progressive manufacturing mean these precision components are built to last. Read more about Chris King.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of 3T, Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Intense, Moots Cycles, Peaty's, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Sportful, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.