Nikwax TX Direct Wash In is suitable for any unlined garment that features a DWR -Durable Water Repellency treatment (waterproofs, soft shells, windproofs, etc) will periodically need this coating topping up.
So if you're Castelli Gabba or Perfetto start to wet out (stop beading water on the surface like they did when new) it might be time to give them a wash in this stuff. This simple to use wash in, restore's the water beading surface on your shell garments, helping keep you drier both from turning away water and increasing breathability.
Please note We do not recommend TX Direct Wash-In for items for insulated jackets like the Alpha RoS Jacket and recommend you use the spray on version (otherwise you will have a waterproof lining)
Nikwax TX Direct Wash-In instructions.
- For best results remove all non-washable parts and always clean item(s) first with Nikwax Tech Wash® in a separate wash cycle. There is no need to dry item(s) before waterproofing.
- Remove all detergent build up from the detergent dispenser.
- Place a maximum of 2 clean garments in the washing machine.
- Use 100 ml per garment.
- Run 30°C synthetic cycle and slow spin.
- Air dry
- To maintain waterproofing always wash with Nikwax Tech Wash®. Do not use biological detergents or fabric softeners.
Nikwax TX Direct Wash In is suitable for unlined items only so its great for Gabba, Perfetto and nanoflex. It is not suitable for jackets with liners or fleece-backed Windstopper eg Espresso and Alpha where we would recommend using TX. Direct Spray on.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of 3T, Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Intense, Moots Cycles, Peaty's, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.