The Stages Power L for Shimano´s Ultegra R8000 crank is built on to a non-drive side Shimano Ultegra R8000 crank arm and is compatible with all frames that fit Shimano Hollowtech II cranks.
Stages Power has carried riders to three consecutive Tour de France victories, plus many more world and national championships. If you believe racing provides the world’s best product proving ground, then Stages Power is proven as the world’s best power meter.
The consistency of measurement is the most important feature of a power meter. Stages Power was the first meter to make temperature compensation an automatic process ensuring accurate readings no matter the environmental conditions. ATC is the key reason a rider can trust data from Stages Power in all conditions.
Individual meter calibration for the most accurate results
Each Stages Power meter is calibrated individually to ensure a +/- 1,5% accuracy level, which is an industry best for non-scientific power meters. Individual calibration means that you can trust the bi-lateral data produced by our system, as it's a real measurement and not an estimation.
Stages Power R drive-side meter for added compatibility or upgrading an existing Stages Power L meter to Stages Power LR
While not widespread there are some key bicycle models that are not compatible with the non-drive crank arm based Stages Power meter because of interference with the power meter housing, for example, Cervelo's P5 and many bikes with chainstay mounted brake calipers. Stages Power R offers increased compatibility with these models as well as the ability to upgrade existing Stages Power L power meters to Stages Power LR (dual) meter systems.
- Accuracy; +/- 1,5% accurate in all conditions
- Power meter housing; low profile design, with robust door interface. Tool-free battery replacement on the left arm and Phillips head screw access on the drive side
- Weight; Adds 15g to crank arm weight
- Battery life; 200+ hours (coin cell: CR2032) when used as a single sided Stages Power L
- Power Range (Watts); 0-2500
- Cadence range (rpm); 20-220
- Water resistance rating; IPX7
- Stages Power L Crank length 165mm, 170mm, 172.5mm, 175mm
- Stages Power L Compatible with all Shimano Hollowtech II road drive side crank arms.
- Frame Compatibility; Most frames, see fit guide in our Support section
- Software Compatibility; Stages Link, Training Peaks, Strava, Garmin Training Center and others
- Device Compatibility; ANT+, Bluetooth Smart Ready
In the Box
- Non-drive-side power meter
- High-quality CR2032 coin cell battery
- Lifetime access to Stages Link for power meter management and firmware upgrade
- 2 months free access to Stages Link premium training and coaching features
- Product Identification Card with Serial Number and ANT+ ID Number
- User Guide
When Stages revealed its first power meter in 2012, it changed the world of training with power forever. The combination of simplicity, accuracy, wide crankset compatibility, user-friendliness and incredible value re-shaped the marketplace to bring power to every rider. Since then, Stages can count three Tour de France and one Giro d'Italia victories in its palmarès while the brand has continued to innovate with carbon and dual-sided power meter designs and its next-generation Dash head unit. Read more about Stages.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Moots Cycles, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Sportful, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.