Discus Plus C25 Pro is the entry-level wheelset of the Discus Plus range of 650b (27.5-inch) wheels: Center Lock disc-brake hubs, 30 mm wide, tubeless-ready alloy rims, and 24F/24R spoking make this wheel ideal for new-wave adventure bikes. Rim well is a full 24 mm wide, perfectly supporting both MTB and 650b tires—fit really wide file-tread road tires such as the 47 mm WTB Horizon, or full-on 2.2-inch offroad tires. A 27.5-in wheel with fat tire fitted gives little away in weight to a standard 700c fitment; it also permits frame geometries close to road designs, preserving the quick handling and acceleration of a race bike. Discus Plus build is similar to Discus, utilizing the 3T linear+ system. Asymmetric rim drilling reduces difference in spoke tension between drive side and non-drive side. Hubs have light-alloy oversize spindle with modular end-caps that can be easily swapped from quick-release to thru-axle as needed; rear width can run 135 mm or 142 mm. Light-alloy rim is 21 mm deep and fits tubeless or tubed tires. This new wheelset is a true all-rounder, quick, versatile, and reliable, and remarkably light at 1650 g.
- Rim size: ETRTO 584 x 24c, (27,5”/650B), 30mm wide, 21 mm deep
- Rim spec: Clincher, tubeless ready, alu 6000 series, welded joint, offset double angle drilling, black satin anodized
- Spokes: Round section, straight pull, stainless steel, black finish, double butted, Pillar, 24F/24R
- Nipples: Light alloy, spherical washer
- Hubs: Centerlock type – oversize light alloy hub bodies and spindles - light alloy freehub body – adjustable bearings – black satin anodized
- Front hub spec: QR100/TA100x12/TA100x15 modular end-caps
- Rear hub spec: QR135/TA135x12/TA142x12 modular end-caps
- Rear hub compatibility: 10/11S Shimano/SRAM type freehub body*
- Quick release: Alloy lever and nut, steel rod
- Wheel weight: 1650g**
The Horizon 47 tire brings supple, plus-size traction and smooth riding characteristics beyond where the pavement ends. Create a new riding experience, regardless of where your exploits lead you.
- Smooth centerline with herringbone outer tread.
- Rounded profile with vertical channels to enhance cornering characteristics.
- High volume casing enables comfortable ride.
- Dual Compound Rubber means a fast rolling tire with great corning traction.
*Both SRAM XD Driver compatible fw body and Campagnolo compatible fw body are available as spares.
** Product specifications are indicative, are not binding, and may be subject to change without prior notice to improve reliability, function or design. Weights shown are typical and may vary slightly in production. 3T makes every effort to publish accurate specifications and weights but cannot guarantee them.
For over half a century, 3T's products have been at the forefront of cycling technology. The Italian brand's dedication to innovation and performance has resulted in victories at the sport's biggest races including world championships, the Tour de France and the Giro d'Italia. Today, 3T has reaffirmed its connection to the sport with highly innovative frame designs that empower riders to explore cycling in new ways. Meanwhile, the Torino-born brand's leading position in the area of cockpits and seatposts means the famous 3T logo remains the mark of a true cyclist. Read more about 3T.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of 3T, Alchemy, Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, Intense, Peaty's, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Stages and Troy Lee Designs.