The ENVE SES 4.5 AR Disc Wheelset is an uncompromising aero wheelset designed specifically for disc brakes and high-volume tyres and originally conceptualised for Paris–Roubaix. If you’re looking for more comfort, more speed, and more traction on all road surfaces these are the wheels for you.
With the introduction of road bike frames with disc brakes and room for wider tyres, ENVE has been able to take an unconventional approach to wheel design, creating an aero wheelset that is optimised for 28mm tyres. The front wheel is 49mm deep to offer stability in cross winds whilst the rear wheel is 55mm to reduce drag. With differentiated wheel depths, ENVE has created a wheelset that effortlessly cuts through the air.
The SES 4.5 AR wheelset uses ENVE’s Wide Hookless Bead Technology. This increases the leading edge width of the rim to reduce the likelihood of pinch flats on rougher terrain and broken road surfaces, making this set of wheels incredibly reliable when out riding.
Compatible with tubeless tyres means you can get an even greater advantage from these revolutionary wheels, bringing improved comfort, lower rolling resistance and puncture protection.
The wheels are available with either Chris King or ENVE hubs.
The Chris King R45D hubs are precision engineered to deliver the superb performance and durability that Chris King is renowned for. Available with the Portland, USA based brand’s legendary made in-house ceramic or stainless bearings and Chris King’s patented 45-tooth RingDrive system, these hubs offer unmatched engagement and power transfer. Fully serviceable, the R45D hubs promise years of use.
The ENVE Alloy Road Disc hubs are ideal for riders looking for a lightweight hub, with the set weighing under 400g. The hubs are centre lock compatible and have ENVE’s Perfect Pre-load system, eliminating bearing play and the need to adjust pre-load yourself.
Please note only tubeless-ready tyres may be used on these rims. An inner tube can be used as long as the tyre is tubeless ready.
- All Road wheelset for riding across mixed terrain
- Uncompromising aerodynamic design
- Disc brake specific
- Chris King R45D or ENVE hubs
- Aerodynamically optimised for 28mm – 30mm tyres
- Rims handmade at ENVE’s HQ in Utah, USA
- ENVE Lifetime Incident Protection and 5-year warranty
- Tubeless only hookless bead design
- ENVE unidirectional carbon fibre rim
- Wide Hookless Bead Anti-Pinch Flat technology
- Rim depth: 49mm (front) / 55mm (rear)
- Internal rim width: 25mm
- External rim width: 31mm (front) / 30.5mm (rear)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray spokes
- Recommended tyre size: 28mm – 30mm
- Spoke count: 24 / 24
- Hubs: Chris King R45D (with either steel or ceramic bearings) or ENVE Alloy Road Disc hubs
- Freehub: Shimano or XDR
- Rotor mounting: Centre Lock
- Thru axles: 100 x 12mm (front) / 142x12 (rear)
- Claimed rim weight: 477g (front) / 461g (rear) / 938g (wheelset)
- Approx. weight with Chris King hubs: 744g (front) / 840g (rear) / 1584g (wheelset)
- Approx. weight with ENVE hubs: 732g (front) / 837g (rear) / 1569g (wheelset)
Known for the fastest, strongest and lightest handmade-in-the-USA carbon wheels, ENVE has had a spectacular rise to the top of the cycling world. Truly made for riders by riders, ENVE's product range of full carbon wheels, carbon stems, bars, seatposts and forks is the result of the team's desire to make the sport we love even more enjoyable. Meanwhile strong ties to the top levels of road cycling, mountain biking and triathlon mean pro feedback has helped hone ENVE's products into the ultimate performance upgrades. Read more about ENVE.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Moots Cycles, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Sportful, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.