ENVE’s SES 7.8 Disc Wheelset is a revolutionary disc brake specific carbon fibre triathlon or time trial wheelset. Aerodynamically and structurally optimised for disc brakes and large volume tyres the wheelset responds to the future of road cycling.
The carbon rim design on the ENVE SES 7.8 wheelset does away with a reinforced brake track, simply because it doesn’t need it. This means ENVE has been able to create a lighter rim and making the wheelset even more aerodynamic and impact resistant in the process.
The dissimilar rim depths provide the right performance right where you need it. The shallower 71mm front rim improves stability in gusty winds whilst the 78mm deep rear wheel ensures reduced drag and brings the podium that one step closer.
These clincher tubeless-ready wheels have been designed around 25mm tyres. The increased external rim width means 25mm tyres don’t balloon in profile on the rim for less drag and lower rolling resistance. The wheels can be run with tubeless compatible tyres with a tube or set up as tubeless, to unlock even greater performance and puncture protection.
The wheels are available with either Chris King or ENVE hubs.
The Chris King R45D hubs are precision engineered to deliver the superb performance and durability that Chris King is renowned for. Available with the Portland, USA based brand’s legendary made in-house ceramic or stainless bearings and Chris King’s patented 45-tooth RingDrive system, these hubs offer unmatched engagement and power transfer. Fully serviceable, the R45D hubs promise years of use.
The ENVE Alloy Road Disc hubs are ideal for riders looking for a lightweight hub, with the set weighing under 400g. The hubs are centre lock compatible and have ENVE’s Perfect Pre-load system, eliminating bearing play and the need to adjust pre-load yourself.
- A revolutionary, aerodynamic, triathlon and time trial wheelset
- Lightweight carbon rim design
- Disc brake specific
- Chris King R45D or ENVE hubs
- Optimised for 25mm tyres
- Rims handmade at ENVE’s HQ in Utah, USA
- ENVE Lifetime Incident Protection and 5-year warranty
- Tubeless ready clincher
- Carbon fibre rims
- Rim depth: 71mm (front) / 78mm (rear)
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- External rim width: 29mm (front) / 27.5mm (rear)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray spokes
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm (fits 23 – 28mm)
- Spoke count: 24 / 24
- Hubs: Chris King R45D (with either steel or ceramic bearings) or ENVE Alloy Road Disc hubs
- Freehub: Shimano
- Rotor mounting: Centre Lock
- Thru axles: 100 x 12mm (front) / 142x12 (rear)
- Claimed rim weight: 502g (front) / 533g (rear) / 1035g (wheelset)
- Approx. weight with Chris King hubs: 755g (front) / 906g (rear) / 1661g (wheelset)
- Approx. weight with ENVE hubs: 754g (front) / 909g (rear) / 1651g (wheelset)
Known for the fastest, strongest and lightest handmade-in-the-USA carbon wheels, ENVE has had a spectacular rise to the top of the cycling world. Truly made for riders by riders, ENVE's product range of full carbon wheels, carbon stems, bars, seatposts and forks is the result of the team's desire to make the sport we love even more enjoyable. Meanwhile strong ties to the top levels of road cycling, mountain biking and triathlon mean pro feedback has helped hone ENVE's products into the ultimate performance upgrades. Read more about ENVE.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Moots Cycles, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Sportful, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.