Why Latex? Compared to standard bicycle inner tubes which are made of butyl rubber, Latex is significantly more elastic (10x elongation compared to 2-3x), but more importantly, Latex Rubber has significantly lower coefficient of damping which means that when latex rubber is stretched or flexed, it returns to shape faster and with fewer energy losses.
What does this mean for an inner tube? Latex inner tubes are generally 2-5 Watts (per tire) more efficient at 30mph than tubes made of other materials, are harder to pinch-flat, and offer superior suppleness and road feel, especially when combined with supple, low rolling resistance tires.
This tube has been sized to fit tires measuring 24-30mm, which will equate to 23-28mm tires used on modern wider rims. Valve stem length is 42mm and will work in all modern disc wheels.
- Optimized for tires measuring: 24-30MM (Tires marked 22-28mm when used on wide rims, or tires marked 24-30mm used on older narrow rims)
- Premium Latex
- 42mm valve stem, works in all modern disc wheels
- Removable Presta valve core
- 85 grams
Fully Threaded 40mm Valve Extender and SpeedShield Rim protector - protect rims from valve nut damage, eliminate valve stem rattle and improve aerodynamics.
- High precision CNC machined Aluminum Valve Extender with full external threads
- Ideal valve extender for use on Carbon Rims
- Compatible with both Tubeless AND Standard RVC valve stems
- Less than half the weight of brass valve extenders
- SpeedShield Improves wheel aerodynamics up to 0.5 Watts at 30mph
- Spherical nut eliminates bending forces on valve stem for improved strength
- Silences Valve Rattle in Deep Carbon Rims while protecting carbon rim surfaces
Few brands have been more intimately connected to the last 100 years of cycling than Silca. The Italian-born brand's legacy of legendary quality has seen company's pumps being passed down through generations of professional mechanics and cycling enthusiasts - riders who value the experience of bike maintenance and understand its performance value. Now based in the US, Silca's heirloom quality pumps have been joined by a growing selection of thoughtfully designed tools and stylish accessories. Read more about Silca.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Moots Cycles, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Sportful, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.