Troy Lee Designs A2 helmet redefines mountain bike safety, style, comfort and ventilation. The first helmet in its class to combine EPP (for slow speed impacts) and EPS (for high-speed impacts) in one sleek package, that will set a new benchmark for mountain bike helmets.
TLD took the popular A1 and perfected it, resulting in the incredible A2. Overall, the A2 offers a higher level of protection thanks to the reinforced shell liner and MIPS technologies available in certain models. It has fantastic ventilation which comes from the six large pressurizing intake passages and seven rear vacuum exhausts which are linked by deep internal channelling to promote efficient cooling and airflow. A combination of quick-wicking foam liner, adjustable rear stabilizer and a no fuss fit system for a perfect fit every time, this will be the go-to helmet for hitting the trails.
MIPS Patented Brain Protection System
MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, it is a revolutionary technology that lets the helmet slide relative to the head, adding more protection against rotational violence to the brain caused by angled impacts.
- Huge air intakes - 25% larger than a1 - connected to massive exhaust ports through deep internal channels provide powerful cooling efficiency
- *New for 2018, updated x-static® pure silver comfort liner with more material for comfort delivers high-performance odour protection and quick-dry moisture wicking
- MIPS brain protection system reduces rotational forces to the brain in some crash scenarios
- Dual-density eps co-moulded with EPP for state-of-the-art impact energy management at low and high crash speeds as well as everything in between
- 16% more eps+epp in the frontal lobe and raised eps splines to provide more protection in the common impact zones
- Aerospace filament-reinforced polycarbonate shell
- Break-away anodized aluminium visor screws
- Rear stabilizer fit system with flexible, slimline arms has 3-position front and rear locations for a custom fit
- Expanded field of view works with both goggles and glasses
- Multiple storage locations for glasses
- *New for 2018 adjustable strap dividers for a perfect fit every time
- Fit Kit
- Ventilated helmet storage bag
- Sticker kit
- 3-year warranty
- 350 grams ( size m/l )
- Meets or exceeds CE en 1078
ABOUT Troy Lee Designs
Troy Lee Designs is one of the biggest and most recognisable names in mountain biking with very good reason. The brand's inimitable style, cultivated by founder and artist Troy Lee, has given the sport a visual identity, reflected its attitude and re-shaped the MTB landscape time and again over the last 25 years. With an ever-growing range of artful apparel and high-performance protection, Troy Lee Designs remains the benchmark against which all other off-road brands are measured. Read more about Troy Lee Designs.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Moots Cycles, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Sportful, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.