The Wolf Tooth 104 BCD Stainless Steel Chainring is not only beautifully machined and ultra-durable but utilises a patented wide-narrow design that is perfectly suited to 1x setups – dropped chains are a thing of the past. Unlock your dream drivetrain configuration and satisfy your inner tweaker.
Bred from ice-cold Minneapolis winters and explicitly designed to work perfectly on anything from an MTB to a road bike, the Wolf Tooth 104 BCD Stainless Steel Chainring means more time riding and less time fumbling with dropped chains.
In line with Wolf Tooth’s guiding ethos of providing unrivalled design innovation, reliability and durability, this chainring employs a patented Drop-Stop® wide-narrow tooth profile which not only keeps the chain securely in place on single chainring setups but dislodges mud, dirt and excess precipitation more efficiently. For additional security in extreme conditions, this chainring is best used with a clutch-type rear derailleur.
Synonymous with ultra-high-end custom builds and stalwart steeds alike, Wolf Tooth chainrings are machined entirely in-house at Wolf Tooth’s HQ in Minnesota, USA. Stainless steel chainrings are ultra-durable, lasting on average many times longer than an equivalent aluminium chainring. Reflecting Wolf Tooth’s ongoing commitment to lasting quality, this ring has been machined from 416 stainless steel, which is considerably tougher than the 300 series steel employed by competitors.
If you’re looking to invest in a truly top-tier, durable chainring that’ll outlast its competitors and function perfectly on a 1x set up then this is a solid choice.
- Patented Drop-Stop® wide-narrow tooth profile for minimised dropped chains
- Perfect for 1x setups
- Machined in-house at Wolf Tooth’s HQ in Minnesota, USA
- Ultra-durable 416 stainless steel construction
- Fits any 104 BCD cranksets
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10-, 11-, and 12-speed chains except Shimano 12-speed chains.
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Chainline: (approximate as BB centring and cranksets vary) 30t - 48mm on 3x cranksets and 49mm on 2x
Chainring bolts are required for 1x:
- 104 x 30t - use 10mm bolts
- 104 x 32t uses 6mm chainring bolts
- If mounting a 104 BCD bash ring you will need 8mm bolts which Wolf Tooth does not sell but are standard on most triple cranksets.
ABOUT Wolf Tooth
Designed, prototyped and tested to withstand the harshest Minnesota conditions, each Wolf Tooth product improves the ride experience with ingenious solutions to level the playing field in the ever-evolving world of cycling technology. Whether you want to go 1x, put a dish-sized cassette on your gravel bike or add a spash of colour to your trusty steed, Wolf Tooth has you covered, whatever you ride.Read more about Wolf Tooth.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Moots Cycles, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Sportful, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.