The Wolf Tooth 120 BCD Chainring is not only beautifully machined and lightweight but utilises a patented wide-narrow design that is perfectly suited to 1x setups – dropped chains are a thing of the past. Unlock your dream drivetrain configuration and satisfy your inner tweaker
Bred from ice-cold Minneapolis winters and explicitly designed to work perfectly on anything from an MTB to a road bike, the Wolf Tooth 120 BCD Chainring means more time riding and less time fumbling with dropped chains.
In line with Wolf Tooth’s guiding ethos of providing unrivalled design innovation, reliability and durability, this chainring employs a patented Drop-Stop® wide-narrow tooth profile which not only keeps the chain securely in place on single chainring setups but dislodges mud, dirt and excess precipitation more efficiently. For additional security in extreme conditions, this chainring is best used with a clutch-type rear derailleur.
Synonymous with ultra-high-end custom builds and stalwart steeds alike, Wolf Tooth chainrings are machined entirely in-house at Wolf Tooth’s HQ in Minnesota, USA. The anodised finish and machined lettering that adorn every chainring bear the hallmark of master craftsmanship.
If you’re a discerning cyclist looking to invest in a premium-grade chainring that’ll outlast its competitors and function perfectly on a 1x set up, this is the only way to go.
- Patented Drop-Stop® wide-narrow tooth profile for minimised dropped chains
- Perfect for 1x setups
- Machined in-house at Wolf Tooth’s HQ in Minnesota, USA
- Beautiful anodised finish
- These rings fit any 120 BCD crankset or 4-bolt spider.
- For SRAM cranksets you must use the stock M10x.75 bolts with a shoulder on them. These are not standard bolts and Wolf Tooth's bolts will not work with this chainring. Note that only about 3 threads will engage (same with the stock SRAM rings).
- The only other supplier of these M10 x .75 bolts is Wickwerks if your crankset doesn't already have them. These bolts actually have more threads engaged and will work better than the SRAM ones.
- 36t is the smallest number of teeth that fits on a 120 BCD.
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10-, 11-, and 12-speed chains except Shimano 12-speed chains.
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Chainline - 51mm for 36t and 52mm for 38t (38t is wider for more chainstay clearance)
ABOUT Wolf Tooth
Designed, prototyped and tested to withstand the harshest Minnesota conditions, each Wolf Tooth product improves the ride experience with ingenious solutions to level the playing field in the ever-evolving world of cycling technology. Whether you want to go 1x, put a dish-sized cassette on your gravel bike or add a spash of colour to your trusty steed, Wolf Tooth has you covered, whatever you ride.Read more about Wolf Tooth.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Moots Cycles, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Sportful, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.