This 49t Wolf Tooth Giant Cog is the ultimate upgrade for 1x setups – extending your cassette’s bottom gear and unlocking a whole new level of climbing potential. Whether you’re a trail shredder, gravel grinder or altitude addict, this cog will keep you riding even on the toughest climbs.
This Giant Cog also comes with an 18t sprocket for optimal gearing.
Simply replacing your existing stock sprockets on Shimano 11-speed cassettes, this GC is the result of endless testing and refinement by Wolf Tooth’s master engineers and riders. With multiple colour options, you have the option to add some additional flair to your ride.
- Compatible with Shimano 11-speed 11-42 and 11-46 cassettes.
- Can be used with stock SRAM 11-speed rear derailleurs and 1x specific SRAM drivetrains.
- Compatible with all 11-speed chains
- Note that you likely need a longer chain than you currently have your bike. Chain length is critical with the 49T and must be set according to the instructions on the GC tech page.
- Chain wear should be less than .5 when installing a new GC or chainring.
- Caution: always check full suspension travel with the chain on the GC 49. Bleed air from rear shock and fully compress the rear suspension to check. Derailleur cage must not bottom out in forward rotation.
- 18t cassette cog is included with the GC49. Remove the 17 and 19t cogs and replace them with the 18t.
- These are specifically designed for use with Shimano cassettes. The clocking, or rotational orientation, between SRAM and Shimano cassettes are much different so optimal shifting cannot be achieved unless the design is optimized for each separately.
ABOUT Wolf Tooth
Designed, prototyped and tested to withstand the harshest Minnesota conditions, each Wolf Tooth product improves the ride experience with ingenious solutions to level the playing field in the ever-evolving world of cycling technology. Whether you want to go 1x, put a dish-sized cassette on your gravel bike or add a spash of colour to your trusty steed, Wolf Tooth has you covered, whatever you ride.Read more about Wolf Tooth.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of 3T, Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Intense, Moots Cycles, Peaty's, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.