Artisan handmade titanium tube bottle cage complete with low-profile titanium mounting bolts. The Sicuro Titanium Bottle Cage has been designed to be the best bicycle bottle cage in the world light strong and easy to use.
SICURO Titanium is the classic Ti bottle cage re-engineered with an eye for the details that you’ve come to expect from SILCA. Each cage is hand-made at our Indianapolis, IN headquarters in the USA using custom manufacturing processes and a state of the art laser welder, the first of its kind in the bicycle industry. Made from ultra-lightweight aerospace-grade titanium tubing, these cages also feature unique oval-shaped eyelets which allow fore/aft adjustability to account for differences in mounting locations from frame to frame.
Why create bottle cages using premium materials and aerospace technology? SICURO Ti cages are part of our Ultimate product line which means we guarantee they’ll last for twenty-five years. We’re able to offer our Shield Warranty on this product because we’re confident that the 3-2.5 Titanium and precise laser welds used to create it will endure. After the bending and welding process, each cage is then polished by hand, sealed and finally stamped with the SILCA shield on the base plate before being packaged and shipped to your door.
During the initial development of the Sicuro Ti bottle cage, we found ourselves developing a suite of bottle cage test equipment. After some 20 years in the industry I had realized that a bottle cage was the sort of thing that was frequently made, but never tested.. in fact there exist no standards or equipment for doing so, and that felt like an opportunity for improvement to the team at SILCA.
We ultimately developed 3 different tests to help us understand how to make the world's best cage.
- Multi-axis shake test. This test allows the engineers to shake the bottle and cage at different frequencies and amplitudes while also mounting the cage/bottle at different attitudes. This allows us to simulate bottle retention in different positions on the bicycle, downtube, seat tube, beneath the downtube (becoming common on gravel bikes), behind the saddle (as on a tri bike), etc..
- Insertion-Removal test. This is one of the most interesting tests in that we can both fatigue cycle the bottle cage to simulate bottle insertion and removal over thousands of cycles, but the equipment is fully instrumented so that we can test for insertion and removal force at various angles and attitudes. One of the most interesting learnings from this test has been the debunking of the myth that stiffer cages with higher insertion/removal force will always hold bottles better. In fact, many cages with high insertion/removal force also struggle with high-frequency vibration where the high holding force holds the bottle in place as it walks out the top of the cage.
- Fatigue Test - This test is the most severe of the 3, using a pneumatic cylinder to simulate a 4G lateral impact with a full bottle which is 2x the highest force measured in on-bike testing and equal to the force measured in a heavy mountain bike crash. Some of the benchmark cages we tested were broken or permanently deformed in only 1 cycle of this test, many others fail in the tens of cycles. Sicuro Ti: 2500 cycles.
- Aerospace Technology
- Seamless 3-2.5 Aerospace grade titanium tubing
- Handmade by lasers
- Extended adjustment mounting slots
- 29 grams
- 25 years guarantee
- Handmade in the USA
Few brands have been more intimately connected to the last 100 years of cycling than Silca. The Italian-born brand's legacy of legendary quality has seen company's pumps being passed down through generations of professional mechanics and cycling enthusiasts - riders who value the experience of bike maintenance and understand its performance value. Now based in the US, Silca's heirloom quality pumps have been joined by a growing selection of thoughtfully designed tools and stylish accessories. Read more about Silca.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Moots Cycles, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Sportful, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.