The Alpha RoS 2 Jacket from Castelli is the ultimate winter jacket bringing warmth, high breathability, and protection against the rain along with a soft and comfortable fit.
The exterior of the jacket is made from GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® fabric. The lightweight fabric has a unique membrane that delivers the triple crown of being completely windproof, highly breathable, and water repellent, while offering insulation.
Minimal seaming and seam sealed shoulders eliminate points where moisture can enter the jacket when you are venturing through mist, wet roads, and even incessant light rain.
The unique dual-layer construction of the Alpha is where its insulating qualities really excel. Underneath the exterior layer, the Alpha jacket has an internal vest that hugs close to your body. This offers insulation suitable down to -5˚C, and it also means you can regulate your temperature with ease. You can open the external layer to allow airflow into the jacket and evacuate moisture without sacrificing insulation and exposing your body to wind chill.
A double-layer cuff integrates with winter gloves and a lie-flat waist hugs close to the body to prevent cold from entering at the jacket’s openings.
The stretch fabric is in an updated pattern with a narrower panel between the shoulders and a wider front that makes for a close-to-body fit that minimises flapping and better reflects the shape of your body on the bike. The new cut accommodates a wide range of body types and positions on the bike.
- GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® 150 fabric. Highly breathable wind protection and effective rain protection
- Minimal seaming with seam sealed shoulders reduces chances for water to enter through stitching
- Double-layer Alpha construction separates insulating layer from the wind/water external barrier to let you better regulate ventilation
- Water-resistant YKK® Vislon® zipper slides easily
- Raw-edge waist with silicone gripper lies flat and seals out wind
- Double-layer cuff integrates with glove to prevent cold wind and water entering
- Stretch fabrics with advance patterning for excellent close to body fit
- Back ventilation
- 3 rear pockets with reflective laser-cut drain holes
- Zippered secure side pocket for valuables
- -5˚ – 10˚C / 23˚ – 50˚F
- Weight: 525g (Large)
Castelli Cycling is the most innovative, stylish and prestigious cycling clothier in the world. Decades of pro cycling development and a passion for perfection in materials, cut and performance has seen the brand reinvent cycle wear time after time. From the first Lycra shorts to sublimated printing, the game-changing Gabba and aerodynamic apparel, Castelli continues to set a path that others can only follow while maintaining generations of Italian heritage. Read more about Castelli.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Moots Cycles, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Sportful, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.