The Wolf Tooth 104 BCD Bash Ring is a sturdy, precision-machined protection ring that can be added to your crankset to protect high-end 104 or 64 BCD chainrings. It is available in two sizes for a wide range of chainring sizes.
Choose between a smaller 26-30t (132 mm diameter) and mid-sized 32t-34t (148 mm diameter) bash ring.
- These are for use with 104 BCD chainrings or 64 BCD chainrings on 104 BCD cranksets.
- Compatible with all triple 104 BCD cranksets and mount in the “big ring” position.
- Compatible with double cranksets that have flat outfacing mounting tabs, like XTR M980. However, many 2x specific cranks, like Shimano XT M785, have a profiled outer surface on the mounting tab so our bash ring cannot be mounted on that non-flat surface.
- These work great with the 104 BCD Elliptical 32t ring. They will work with the 34t as well, but at the max diameter, a few teeth will extend just beyond the bash ring.
- Chainring bolt requirements for this bash ring:
- 104 x 30t - 10mm bolts are required for use with the bash ring.
- Other 104 BCD sizes - you will need 8mm bolts (stock size that comes on 3x cranksets holding the middle and big rings on). Wolf Tooth does not make these.
- When using with the 64 BCD you will need 6mm bolts to mount the bash ring.
ABOUT Wolf Tooth
Designed, prototyped and tested to withstand the harshest Minnesota conditions, each Wolf Tooth product improves the ride experience with ingenious solutions to level the playing field in the ever-evolving world of cycling technology. Whether you want to go 1x, put a dish-sized cassette on your gravel bike or add a spash of colour to your trusty steed, Wolf Tooth has you covered, whatever you ride.Read more about Wolf Tooth.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Moots Cycles, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Sportful, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.