The Wolf Tooth Valais enables you to mount a saddle bag on a dropper post. Injection moulded from premium-grade thermoplastic, the Valais protects the stanchion from wear and the wiper seal from damage. It also serves as a temporary crutch during mid-trail dropper failure.
Wolf Tooth explicitly designed the Valais in the knowledge that many riders like to move storage onto the bike for freedom of movement and a lower centre of gravity. Without an extra fixing, saddlebags when fitted on dropper posts often interfere with your ride and the rear wheel – the Valais solves this problem. Mounting to the upper seatpost and offering the perfect cradle for your saddlebag the Valais is easy to install and the DuPont Delrin thermoplastic retains full strength all the way down to -29°C.
If your dropper post breaks mid-ride the Valais can be clamped further down the stanchion to keep the post extended until you get to a repair site.
- Any dropper post with a 25mm or 26mm stanchion diameter - when in doubt, measure your stanchion.
- Note that discrete position droppers will likely lose the lowest position because the Valais 25 reduces the dropper travel by 25mm
- Valais 25.25 (posts that have a confirmed 25mm diameter)
- Easton Haven
- Giant Contact (internal routing)
- RaceFace Turbine
- RockShox Reverb Stealth
- Specialized Command Post
- 9Point8 Fall Line
- Other 24.75-25.25mm (cable routing dependent)
- · Valais 25.26 (posts that have a confirmed 26mm diameter)
- Thomson Covert
- Fox Transfer
- Other 26-26.5mm (cable routing dependent)
- Valais limits the dropper travel by at least 25mm. There are 2 models as noted in the compatibility section, one for the 25mm diameter stanchions and one for the 26mm stanchions.
- At full compression, the Valais' deep skirt contacts the seal collar first and will not contact the seal lip (protecting delicate seals from damage).
- Remove the screw and slide Valais over the seatpost stanchion
- Put the Valais at the highest position, install the screw and tighten to 2-3 NM
- Install your saddle bag with it as full as it will be on the trail.
- Let all the air out of your frame shock, drop the post, and compress the bike suspension all the way.
- Assure there is adequate tyre to saddlebag clearance. If there is not tyre clearance, raise the dropper, and lower the Valais until there is adequate tyre to saddlebag clearance.
- Re-inflate your shock and be sure that the Valais is torqued to 2-3 NM
ABOUT Wolf Tooth
Designed, prototyped and tested to withstand the harshest Minnesota conditions, each Wolf Tooth product improves the ride experience with ingenious solutions to level the playing field in the ever-evolving world of cycling technology. Whether you want to go 1x, put a dish-sized cassette on your gravel bike or add a spash of colour to your trusty steed, Wolf Tooth has you covered, whatever you ride.Read more about Wolf Tooth.
Founded by real cycling enthusiasts in 2004, our passion for elite performance runs through everything we do at Saddleback. Our team of dedicated roadies, mountain bikers and triathletes practice what we preach to bring you the finest cycling products and a superior service to match. We're the official UK home of Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Moots Cycles, PUSH, Sidi, Silca, Sportful, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth.