How to Set Up the Stages SB20 Smart Bike
By Stan Portus – 29 October 2020
The Stages SB20 Smart Bike is the ultimate indoor trainer, with Stages’ Grand Tour winning power technology and gym bike expertise. Take a look at how to set the SB20 up, so you can harness its performance benefits and keep riding this winter.
The SB20 Smart Bike brings Stages’ Grand Tour winning power meter technology and world-leading indoor trainer bike expertise to your home, unlocking performance that is road conquering and design, durability, and stability that stands up to the most demanding spin classes over and over again.
Whether upgrading from a turbo trainer or wanting to recreate your favourite gym class, getting the SB20 set up in your home is a straightforward affair. You will be riding in no time, whether just spinning away or via platforms such as Zwift.
Take a look at the video below to find out everything you need to know from your SB20 arriving to getting in those winter base miles from the comfort of your home.
On-Site Set Up and Calibration from Saddleback
If setting the SB20 up isn’t your thing, do not fear. For an additional fee Saddleback is providing on site set up and calibration.
Through a 3rd party provider we will unpack and setup the Stages Smart Bike in your home and sync the bike with any devices to get your home workouts under way as quickly and easily as possible.
Stages SB20 Tech Specs
• Premium Gym Bike Technology: Stages is the fastest growing global provider of indoor bikes to fitness clubs. Drawing on Stages' prowess in providing indoor fitness bikes for gyms the Smart Bike uses its Stages Indoor Cycling Frame for unsurpassed stability and longevity.
• Gates Carbon belt drive: the belt drive is maintenance free, with no need to oil or lubricate components. There is electronic resistance of up to 3,000 watts at 120rpm.
• Training Platform Compatible: The Smart Bike is ANT +, Bluetooth, FE-C, and FTMS compatible. It has two high-speed USB ports allow convenient device charging. An adjustable integrated tablet holder allows for an easy setup with Zwift and other 3rd party training apps.
• World Class Power Meter: The Smart Bike come with Stages Gen 3 Dual-Sided LR Power Meter to offer best in class power measurement. This is the same technology that has helped carry riders to multiple Tour de France victories, and is built on the expertise Stages has developed as the world’s largest power meter manufacturer.
• Real Bike Feel: You can swap the saddle and handlebars on the SB20 to match your road bike componentry.
• Adjustability: The Stages SB20 fits riders from XS – XL, and saddle height and handlebar position can be easily adjusted with turn dials. The SB20 also has multiple options for crank length, so every cyclist in your home will be able to jump on and train. An interchangeable seat post mast makes swapping over saddles hassle free.